Poultry Process Workers stun and kill, dress, trim, cut into portions, bone, fillet, weigh, grade and package poultry.
Specialisations: Poultry Boner, Poultry Slaughterer.
You can work as a Poultry Process Worker without formal qualifications. Some on the job training may be provided. A course in meat processing might be helpful.
- Moving carcasses to chillers and freezers.
- Loading meat products into trucks.
- Packing boned and sliced meat into cartons.
- Stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing.
- Severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses.
- Separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses.
- Inspecting and grading poultry for size and quality.
- Operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb.
- Cleaning and sanitising equipment and work areas.
More about Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers