You usually need a formal qualification in in a related field to work as a Primary Products Inspector. Training may also be available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
Checks, licences and tickets
You may need:
- national police check
- medical test
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
Thinking about study or training?
Before starting a course, check it will provide you with the skills and qualifications you need.
- Search and compare thousands of higher education courses, and their entry requirements from different institutions across Australia at Course Seeker website.
- Compare undergraduate and postgraduate student experiences and outcomes on the QILT website.
- Compare Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, providers and student outcomes on the My Skills website.
- You might be interested in Food Processing, Australian Meat Processing, Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation & Land Management, Animal Care and Management, Seafood Industry and Public Sector VET training pathways on the AAPathways website.
Or check out related courses on Job Outlook.