The number of people working as Other Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians (in their main job) grew very strongly over 5 years:
from 1,300 in 2011 to 1,500 in 2016.
Caution: The Australian jobs market is changing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These estimates do not take account of the impact of COVID-19. They may not reflect the current jobs market and should be used and interpreted with extreme caution.
- Size: This is a very small occupation.
- Location: Other Architectural, Building and Surveying Technicians work in many parts of Australia. Victoria has a large share of workers.
- Industries: Most work in Construction; Professional, Scientific and Technical Services; and Manufacturing.
- Full-time: Many work full-time (75%, higher than the average of 66%).
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 43 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 39 years (compared to the average of 40 years).
- Gender: 32% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).