The number of people working as Wall and Floor Tilers (in their main job) grew very strongly over the past 5 years and is expected to stay about the same over the next 5 years:
from 22,800 in 2018 to 22,800 by 2023.
Job openings can come from new jobs being created, but most come from turnover (workers leaving).
There are likely to be around 9,000 job openings over 5 years (that's about 1,800 a year).
- Size: This is a medium sized occupation.
- Unemployment: Unemployment was below average in 2018.
- Location: Wall and Floor Tilers work in many regions of Australia.
- Industries: Most work in the Construction industry.
- Earnings: Full-time workers on an adult wage earn around $1,330 per week (similar to the average of $1,460). Earnings tend to be lower when starting out and higher as experience grows.
- Full-time: Many work full-time (76%, higher than the average of 66%).
- Hours: Full-time workers spend around 43 hours per week at work (compared to the average of 44 hours).
- Age: The average age is 37 years (compared to the average of 40 years).
- Gender: 2% of workers are female (compared to the average of 48%).
Employers found it hard to fill vacancies for Wall and Floor Tilers in 2018. Find out more in the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business latest report on Wall and Floor Tilers.