Vocational Education Teachers teach one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at technical and further education (TAFE) institutes, polytechnics and other training institutes to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes.
A Bachelor Degree or higher or a Postgraduate Diploma in adult education is usually required. Sometimes relevant industry and vocational education experience, or on-the-job training is also needed. Registration or licensing may be required.
- identifying the various needs of students and creating effective learning options to meet these needs
- liaising with individuals, industry and education sectors to ensure provision of relevant programs and services
- planning, designing and developing course curriculum and method of instruction
- advising students on courses and related matters
- teaching students using teaching aids including presentation of lesson materials, discussions, workshops, laboratory sessions, multimedia aids and computer tutorials
- marking and grading students' assignments, papers and exams and providing feedback to students about their progress
- maintaining records of students' progress, attendance and training activities
- consulting with Education Managers, Librarians, Student Counsellors and other support staff
- Vocational Education Teacher
Vocational Education Teacher
Specialisations: Adult Education Teacher, TAFE Lecturer, TAFE Teacher, Workplace Trainer and Assessor