Enrolled and Mothercraft Nurses provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities and in the community, and assist parents in providing care to newborn infants under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Midwife.
An Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least 3 years of relevant experience is usually needed, with the majority of workers having a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification. Even with a qualification, experience or on-the-job training is usually needed. Registration or licensing is required.
- assessing, planning and implementing nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as administering medications, and monitoring responses to treatments and care plans
- assisting Registered Nurses and other team members to coordinate and evaluate care provided
- promoting and assisting in health education activities for the prevention of ill health
- bathing, feeding, changing and settling newborn infants
- providing advice and training on infant care to parents of newborn infants
- providing emotional support to parents of newborn infants
- Enrolled Nurse
- Mothercraft Nurse
Provides nursing care to patients in a variety of health, aged care, welfare and community settings under the supervision of Registered Nurses. Registration or licensing is required.
Specialisations: Medical Assistant (Defence)
Provides care to newborn infants, and provides advice and training on infant care to parents of newborn infants. Registration or licensing is required.