Domestic Cleaners clean and tidy private dwellings such as houses, units, flats, apartments and townhouses.
A Year 10 Certificate, Certificate I, or a short period of on-the-job training is sometimes needed, but is not necessary to work in this job. Around one in four workers have Years 11 and 10 as their highest level of education.
- vacuuming carpets, curtains and upholstered furniture
- sweeping, mopping, waxing and polishing tiled, vinyl, timber and concrete floors
- tidying rooms, emptying wastepaper bins and removing refuse and recyclable material
- cleaning, disinfecting and deodorising kitchens, bathrooms and toilets
- dusting, cleaning and polishing furniture and other homewares
- cleaning windows and other glass surfaces