Visual Arts and Crafts Professionals create visual two- and three-dimensional concepts and forms through painting, drawing, carving, sculpting, modelling, printmaking, video, multimedia, found objects, ephemera, soundscapes and other media to communicate concepts and ideas.
A skill level equal to a Bachelor Degree or higher, or at least 5 years of relevant experience is usually needed. High levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest are also important.
- conceiving and developing ideas, designs and styles for paintings, drawings, pottery pieces and sculptures
- arranging objects, positioning models, and selecting landscapes and other visual forms according to chosen subject matter
- selecting artistic media, method and materials
- applying media to surfaces using appropriate techniques
- moulding clay into functional and artistic articles by wheel-throwing, moulding and hand-building
- mixing glazing materials and applying glazes to dried pottery by dipping and painting
- placing finished and decorated pieces in kilns
- sketching designs of proposed sculptures, and making wax and plaster models
- devising forms from metal using welding and metalworking equipment, and from stone using masonry tools
- carving and forming materials to desired shape using hand and power tools
- Painter (Visual Arts or Artistic)
- Potter or Ceramic Artist
- Other Visual Arts and Crafts Professionals
Painter (Visual Arts or Artistic)
Conceives and creates visual art forms, such as pictures, abstract designs and similar compositions, to communicate impressions and ideas.
Potter or Ceramic Artist
Conceives and creates functional or artistic articles by moulding clay, glass and other fusible materials using hand-building and wheel techniques.
Conceives and creates three-dimensional forms to communicate impressions and ideas by carving or modelling materials, such as wood, stone, clay and metal, or assembling found and manufactured materials.
Other Visual Arts and Crafts Professionals
Includes Leadlighter, Multimedia Artist, Quilter, Textile Artist