Artistic Directors, and Media Producers and Presenters plan, administer and review activities concerned with producing artistic media, determine artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports and other information, and conduct interviews and introduce music, performances and special events on radio and television.
A skill level equal to a Bachelor Degree or higher, or at least 5 years of relevant experience is usually needed. High levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest are also important.
- managing artistic and media productions to meet quality, cost and timing specifications
- formulating and developing organisations' artistic policies and selecting and planning organisations' artistic programs
- hiring and managing artistic staff
- controlling the use of media production facilities such as studios and editing equipment, stage and film equipment and rehearsal time
- directing the formulation of media production strategies, policies and plans
- introducing programs, music, entertainment items, guests and celebrities
- preparing and reading news bulletins, making special announcements and providing commentary for sports and other events
- presenting opinions on sports, politics, and social and economic matters
- researching, investigating and compiling stories and programs
- Artistic Director
- Media Producer (excluding Video)
- Radio Presenter or Announcer
- Television Presenter
Determines and oversees implementation of artistic policies for a performing arts organisation such as a theatre company, dance company, music ensemble, festival or venue.
Media Producer (excluding Video)
Plans, administers and reviews activities concerned with publishing, or the production of films, television or radio programs, theatre, music, festivals or other artistic activities.
Specialisations: Executive Producer, Film Producer, Stage Producer, Television Producer
Radio Presenter or Announcer
Prepares and presents news, sports or other information, conducts interviews, and introduces music, performances and special events on radio.
Specialisations: Disc Jockey (Radio), Talkback Host, Tourism Radio Presenter
Prepares and presents news, sports or other information, conducts interviews, and introduces music, performances and special events on television.