Other Technicians and Trades Workers includes a wide variety of occupations such as Divers, Interior Decorators, Optical Dispensers, Optical Mechanics, Photographer's Assistants, Plastics Technicians, Wool Classers and Fire Protection Equipment Technicians.
You can work as an Other Technician or Trades Worker without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. Training is available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
- swims underwater to undertake tasks such as seafood gathering, research, salvage and construction
- plans the interior design of commercial or residential premises and arranges for decorating work to be done
- interprets optical prescriptions, and fits and services optical appliances such as spectacle frames and lenses
- operates machines to grind, polish and surface optical lenses to meet prescription requirements, and fits lenses to spectacle frames
- assists photographers in taking and developing photographs
- sets up, adjusts, repairs and troubleshoots machines which manufacture plastics products
- classifies wool to industry standards or market requirements
More about Other Technicians and Trades Workers
All Other Technicians and Trades Workers