Bank Workers receive deposits and pay out money in financial and commercial institutions, keep records of transactions, issue receipts and cash cheques.
You can work as a Bank Worker without formal qualifications, however, they may be useful. VET (Vocational Education and Training) and university are both common study pathways for Bank Workers.
- greeting customers, identifying their needs and answering customer inquiries
- ensuring customers' forms are filled in correctly and checking customers' identification
- accepting cash and cheques deposited by customers, verifying records and receipts, and crediting customers' accounts
- paying money to customers according to advice slips, cheques and negotiable documents, and debiting customers' accounts
- providing change, cashing cheques and recording transactions
- opening and closing accounts for customers
- balancing cash and advising supervisors of cash position and discrepancies
- explaining and promoting bank services to customers and referring them to appropriate financial services